Competition Start Weight – 203.2
Current Weight – 194.8
Total Weight Lost To Date – 8.4 (4.1%)
Well, I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep up with posting every day, but over two weeks! My baddddd….anyway, update time.
It’s been a roller coaster of food and no food and booze and no booze and workouts and no workouts these past two weeks. I suppose I shouldn’t be too upset, given it’s only two weeks into the 12 week challenge, however I’ve got to start getting serious. There’s still plenty of time to make a dent in not only my personal goals, but also for the team and the challenge.
Which, speaking of, I’ve got to speak my mind about what I’m observing. Or rather…let me just show you.
Team Ranks
1. 4.3%
2. 4.1% - Me
3. 2.5%
4. 2.1%
5. 0.0%
So…I have two reactions to this. First, I was very happy and impressed to see that most of my team (who I don’t know personally) are really stepping up and making this a priority. I ate my words from my initial blog post. My second reaction is that person in the #5 slot. There are a lot of factors to this person that I may or may not share by the end of the challenge, but I really hope our success doesn’t rely on them, because I will be pretty upset.
Which brings me to my current dilemma. This entire challenge is ultimately about lifestyle changes and weight loss. However…with the incentive of $10,000…it makes it a horse of a different color. I believe everyone involved in this challenge wants to win that money just as much as the next. On top of that, I have no idea if this person is actually losing weight and just not logging it. But as I said…there are so many factors to this person…so we’ll just wait and see.
This is an opportunity for surrender. I need to let it go and trust that this will all turn out exactly as it’s meant to, $10,000 or not. We currently rank 59 out of 167, which I’ll add to future blog posts now that they’re showing the ranks.
As for ME (greed aside), my love signed up for Daily Burn and she’s done a few of them now, and I did one 30 minute workout with her that was pretty fun. I need to find my routine of it all and get back at it. I keep wanting to get up earlier during the week and do my 20-30 minutes of cardio, and then do weight training or aerobics with my boo when I get home. I also miss hiking and running. As soon as Colorado weather decides to pretend it knows what consistency is, I will go trek my old trails.
So, lots to look forward to. Still enjoying the foods I want to enjoy. I love the simple salads we’ve been making at home every couple of days. I never thought I could ever be into canned chicken, but I’ve been converted. It’s not disgusting and smelly as I expected it to be. So we’ve been throwing a can of that on Asian salads and generic salad mixes for an under 300 calorie dinner that tastes great. I said I hated salads, but I’m learning to like them. Especially on nights where I just want to eat a whole pizza…which I got too good at doing before this.
Anyway, things continue to move along. I’ll try to give more updates when I can, but I’m still trucking along! Definitely want to see the 180s by my birthday. That’ll be a nice present to myself. Now if you’ll excuse me…I have a sushi burrito calling my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment