Monday, January 8, 2018

The Last Beginning

Whole 30, Take 2 – Day 8
Starting Weight on Day 1 – 233.2
Estimated Current Weight – 228.0


What a year…2017 involved a cruise in April, getting married in August, going on a two week honeymoon in September, then the holiday rush…needless to say, I fell way off the wagon and planted myself in purgatory. I yanked myself out January 1st, and I’m back with a vengeance.

I’ve gained back the 50 pounds I lost when I first began this journey over three years ago. I’m very saddened by this and it sent me into a mild depression late 2017. This explains why this blog hasn’t had anything on it since my now wife and I started the Whole 30 last January. We did it successfully, and I lost around 10 pounds, getting me back to what I thought was the only difficult threshold of 200. Fast forward eight months of major ups and downs, and I’ve unproudly packed on another 30+ pounds.

Well this shit is over.

Not only will I continue to update this blog like I should have last year, I won’t be stopping even when I hit my goal. I need a constant and healthy, reliable reminder of why I’m doing what I’m doing.

I had a hard realization at the beginning of this year that I can’t shake…and honestly don’t want to. Therefore, this is the beginning of the last beginning for me of “changing my life”…this Whole 30 to cleanse my body will not end at Day 30. I will slowly introduce regular foods back in, but I will still keep myself on the newer path of healthier, cleaner eating…to get to, and surpass my goal.

I made a joke on new year’s eve that I would take 6 months to lose the weight I gained, then take the second half of 2018 to turn into Thor.

Lofty…and doable. ;)

So here we go. For the last time. We’re 8 days in. I’m getting over a cold. I was hungover January 1st, felt like crap 2-4, got a cold 5-7 and I’m finally feeling like a human being again. So, either tomorrow or Wednesday morning when I’m 90%+, I’ll be back in the gym to test the fasting program I’m doing on top of gym work.

Fasting? What is this? Stay tuned. ;) I’ll be back Friday.

Today's Meals (we got good at doing this the first time...second time will be a breeze)
Lunch - Paleo Chicken Salad with Broccoli
Snack - Plantain Chips & Clementines
Dinner - Chicken Sausage with Baked Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment